Sweet Potato Smoothie
10 Interesting Things About Me
- I walk around my house frequently and go to bed with my head full of Ms. Ceely plaits.
- I like kissing my dog Zaina on her nose.
- My favorite pajamas to sleep in is the one I won in 2nd grade for selling the most Girl Scout Cookies. It used to be at my ankles, now it’s at my knees….that’s how much I’ve grown. Let’s hear it for everyone 5’2″ and under!
- As much as I love posting yummylicious recipes, my daily meal consists of water and whatever I can scrounge up.
- I think it’s necessary to drive with tweezers, so that when I get a glimpse of myself in the rearview mirror with the sun shining on my face, I can handle one of those old lady chin hairs, that I and few of my other friends tend to suffer from (make up your face if you want, I know you have them too)
- The last 3 dvds I watched were- What the Bleep Do We Know, Zane’s Sex Chronicles and Under The Tuscan Sun. Variety, it’s the spice of life!
- Most people have a dream car…not me…I have a dream DRIVER. I find driving to be nerve-wrecking and would rather eat pig feet (*gross) than get behind the wheel. So I look forward to having my driver
- Spring and Summer are my favorite seasons, mainly because I don’t care for clothes and I get to show off my beautiful skin
- I secretly would’ve loved to be one of Fela’s wives, I think my waistline gives one of the sickest wines this side of the Atlantic and their hairstyles and face decor is the epitome of beauty!
- I think green kale is an acceptable ingredient for a Sweet Potato Pie smoothie!
Which brings me to the point….I was thinking (a random thought of course) how can I put a Southern Sunday dinner in a Smoothie…you know chicken, macaroni and cheese, greens, sweet potatoes, the nines! Then I thought, well chicken and mac & cheese not so much, but sweet potatoes and greens are indeed smoothie material.
Recipe: Sweet Potato Kale Smoothie
Summary: A nutritious and delicious smoothie that taste like Sweet Potato Pie
- 1 cup almond milk
- lrg handful of kale, chopped
- 1/2 sweet potato, cooked (I boiled mine)
- 1/8 cup almonds, preferably sliced
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch cinnamon
- agave nectar to sweeten
- Blend kale, almonds, sweet potato and almond milk until smooth
- Add nutmeg, cinnamon and agave to taste
- Enjoy (don’t let the green fool you, it tastes like Sweet Potato Pie!)
In a rush? Nuke your sweet potato by poking it with a fork, wrapping it in a damp paper towel and microwave it for 5 minutes.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1
Recipe by Eat Consciously. Relate Honestly. Love Abundantly.
Microformatting by hRecipe.