Lose the Weight, Gain your Life : A True Story
At my heaviest weight in life, I was 177 lbs.
That wasn’t so long ago.
We’re talking February 2012
Devastated. Depressed. Deadened. I was.
- My father had recently died.
- I made a decision to foreclose on my two properties that were signficantly undervalue.
- I ended a business partnership and close friendship.
- I ended my last romantic relationship.
- I decided to pack up and move from Atlanta, a city that I’ve always known but never loved.
I was carrying more weight than you can imagine.
- An extra set of pounds that my legs and back weren’t accustomed to, making walking and sleeping challenging.
- An unresolved spiritual weight regarding the unhealed relationship with my father.
- An immense emotional weight regarding the patterns that I kept encountering with men in relationships.
- A financial weight of burden that I hadn’t experienced since I first graduated from college and was unemployed for one year.
- A mental weight of doubt and what I presumed to be epic failure.
But this time, I didn’t turn to food for comfort.
The desire to be well fed in my life wasn’t a physical one, it was a emotionally, spiritually and mentally driven.
I craved nourishment and I used the one tool that would help me create the perfect life recipe to living a Well Fed Life : my journal.
I wrote pages upon pages. Feelings. Healings. Teachings. Thoughts. Experiences. Reflections. I even shared some of the entries in my February and March newsletters.
“Writing allows you to know your soul’s script, giving you access to a wisdom that is readily available.” Click to Tweet!
I cried. I wept. I bawled. I commanded that #BaggageBeGone
There is nothing like a good internal salt cleanse to help you shift in a more serving direction.
At some point, I realized that all of these events were part of a story. That’s it. A story. One that begins and ends. The great thing about stories, is that if you don’t like it, you can simply pick up a new book and start a new one. That realization removed a lot of the fears and anxieties that were centered around my story telling, which gave me the okay to tell it to you.
Not only did I manage to lose more than 20 pounds but here is how I also managed to get rid of the “junk food” in my life and change my story.
- Emotionally : I challenged the relationship patterns in my previous romantic dealings and discovered the part of me that kept attracting the same unfulfilling partners as a result of my relationship with my father. That part of me was malnutritioned and holding onto limiting beliefs. I started feeding her “ingredients” that give her a constant supply of love and care and I released non-serving relationships with gratitude for the learning experience.
- Professionally: I went within and became more engaged with my art. I realized that all successful entrepreneurs apply universal principles. Instead of looking at what she or he were doing, I studied the overarching principles and models that helped entrepreneurs become successful. I learned to say yes and say no. I understood the necessity in releasing partnerships that do not serve the bigger picture.
- Physically: I only shopped at Farmer’s Market and treated myself to a vegan diet for close to three months. I knew that cooking for myself was the way to nurture my body back to wholeness. I knew that eating a large amount of high energy, sun foods from the Earth would ground me more and heal my emotional well being faster, restoring balance and much needed energy so that I could deal with the rest of my life.
- Mentally: I started training my brain to hold space for life-serving thoughts. Advertisers work 24/7 to occupy space in our brain and convince us to buy their products. I started learning how to be my own advertiser. I asked myself, how can I live a Well Fed life? I fed my brain thoughts, images and stories that served my ideal life so that I could shift from a space of blah to a space of BAM!
In my work as a Food Relationship Coach and Emotional Wellness Expert, I encounter woman who are starved in their lives. I teach tools that help woman transform their bodies and lives to shift to a Well Fed life.
You are yearning to Live a new Story. One where you thrive, feel valued and Well Fed in your life.
As a result of my personal experience in the last six months and listening to and working with you, I created a program that helps women lose the weight and gain their life by being their own best friend.
The Body Food Freedom Formula
In the BFF Formula I invite you to tell you own story. To no audience other than yourself. You . . . more than anybody deserve your own truth.
The 1st Module is Free. Click here, Free download
and start a new story towards your Well Fed Life.